Thursday 1 October 2015

31 for 21

31 for 21 is a movement to spread awareness of Down syndrome by blogging for 31 consecutive days. I've done this once before and gave it a break for 2 years. It's not that spreading awareness has become less important, it's that life has become more complicated. Mostly by THE TWINS and THE STROKE. Phoenix, as always, is one of the easiest parts of my life. Even our lovely teenage babysitter agrees. "Phoenix is easy, it's the twins who are hard!". So it's not just me seeing Phoenix through my rose-coloured glasses. She is actually the easiest of the kids.

I'm not going to lie. Life is really complicated right now. I'm back at work full time (Thank God) after  3 months off looking after the kids. Being "off work" is a bit of a misnomer. I work harder at home managing 3 kids than I do at my teaching job managing 40+ students. I still work while teaching (obviously) but getting to talk to other adults and some extremely interesting youth is way more stimulating that having to constantly redirect almost 2 year olds. I love my children. But...

The stroke has been hard. So life is hard right now. And complicated. And busy. But I'm still committing to blog every day for 31 days. Because no matter what is going on in my life, Phoenix is worth it. She's worth writing for and about. She's worth pushing on and through. She's worth my perseverance.

I look forward to seeing where 31 days of blogging brings me.

No comments:

Post a Comment